Welcome to the Catholic Parish of South Yarra, a community of ordinary people from very diverse cultural and national backgrounds, doing their best to create a parish community that reaches out with Good News to our society and hoping to make all feel welcomed and valued.
POSITION VACANT – PARISH PASTORAL ASSOCIATE
(Part time 20 hours a week)
South Yarra Catholic Parish is a small, vibrant 130 year-old parish with two churches in the inner Melbourne area and has been under the pastoral care of the Augustinians for the past 40 years. The parish has a strong social justice outreach tradition and is committed to creating a parish community which lives and brings God’s “Good News” to our part of the world.
This position offers the applicant an opportunity to be creative in initiating new directions and involvement of families within the Parish Communities along with combined enrichment of existing groups:
- Continuing development of the Vision and Mission of St Joseph’s Parishthrough one’s own deep faith commitment and ownership of the Vision and Mission Statement.
- Presence, commitment and participation in the life of the parishes within the Worshipping Community and as a member of the Parish Leadership Team.
- Using professional expertise and experience to co-ordinate the Parishes Sacrament Program, RCIA, Liturgy Group and links to the Catholic School and Colleges in the Parishes.
- Pastoral outreach to new and existing families, and to the sick and elderly.
- Initiating parish outreach programs and community activities.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Have a knowledge, competence and experience in a number of areas of parish pastoral ministry and/or similar work experience;
- Have appropriate training/formation in one or more areas of theology, spirituality, religious education, pastoral ministry or the equivalent;
- Leadership ability and competence in the areas of group meeting procedures, group facilitation and related activities;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- An appropriate level of computer or IT literacy;
- Evidence of Theological and/or Pastoral studies undertaken (Degree or Diploma) or currently in the process of completing accreditation is essential.
- Pastoral experience within a parish context is an advantage.
- Good communication, time management and organisational skills.
Alert to the requirements regarding compliance with Child Safeguarding protocols, and have a current Working With Children Card and Police Check.
- For a full position description, please contact the Parish Secretary Toni Stuart on (03) 9826 9677 email: email@example.com
- Applications should include a resume, at least one reference, and personal covering letter addressed to the Parish Priest, Fr Brian Buckley OSA and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 7th of June 2019.
- The successful applicant will be asked to commence work in July 2019
For further information about St Joseph’s’ Parish, go to www.parishofsouthyarra.org.au
The parish is committed to the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and vulnerable adults.
ST THOMAS AQUINAS RE-OPENED
“Melbourne Catholic” the monthly magazine of the Archdiocese will feature our church of St Thomas Aquinas in its regular column on heritage churches. An article has been prepared and a photographer has visited the newly-renovated church. The feature will appear in the July edition of Melbourne Catholic.
TAP POINT DONATION TERMINALS
Through the Catholic Development Fund and following several requests the parish is to trial a Tap Point Donation Terminal for the convenience of parishioners or visitors who do not carry cash and do not subscribe to our Thanksgiving Program. The idea has been discussed for some time and investigated by members of Parish Council and the Finance Committee. We welcome any comments. The terminals will be trialed from the end of April 2019.